In 2021, GAM commenced the second phase of development, which include activities that are necessary to obtain a mining license by the Mineral Authorities in Greenland. Activities in Milestone 2 includes:
- Completion of the EIA and SIA;
- Conclusive navigational instructions for bulk shipping;
- Final bench and pilot scale test work on ore material;
- Definition of input for project activities to refine and further reduce the risks of the financial projections of the company;
- Establishing first off-take agreements with end-users for supply of a processed anorthosite product;
- Grant of mining license from the mineral authorities in Greenland.
- During the summer 2022, an updated resource definition drilling campaign was carried out by GAM resulting in an indicated/inferred (CIM standard term) mineral resource of 52.5 million tons reported by SRK Consulting UK in 2023;